By Nishall Garala
IT is a week into 2019 and we are getting into the swing of reality after the festive break. Most people will be going back to work, school, uni, etc, but just remember as you go back to your daily routines don’t forget to continue spreading the festive love. This can be done through expressing gratitude towards each other; expressing gratitude is an easy option that can be incorporate into daily life.
Here are some simple ways to make gratitude a part of your every day:
* Tell someone you love them and how much you appreciate them.
* Notice the beauty in nature each day.
* Nurture the friendships you have, good friends don’t come along every day.
* Smile more often.
* Include an act of kindness in your life each day.
* Avoid negative media and movies with destructive content.
* Volunteer for organisations that help others.
* Don’t gossip or speak badly about anyone.
* Remember to compliment your friends and family when they look good.
* When you think a negative thought, try to see the positive side in the situation.
* Try to take note when people do a good job and give recognition when it’s due at work.
* Thank the people who serve you in the community. The shopkeeper, the bus drivers, etc.
* Say thank you for the little things loved ones do for you, things you normally take for granted.
* Embrace challenges and turn them into opportunities to grow.
* Be thankful when you learn something new.
* See the growth opportunity in your mistakes.
* Help your friends see the positive side to life.
* When times are bad, focus on your friends who are at your side.
* When times are good, notice and help others.
* Focus on your strengths.
* Share gratitude each day by posting a tweet, Facebook post or Pinterest.
Gratitude is such a powerful emotion, one that can make your life better in so many ways, so using gratitude, spread the love. Spreading the love will help make our community a better place; a better community is a happy community, and this is what we strive for.
Once again Happy New Year!
Popularity: 1% [?]