Mum thanks councillor and community after child stops breathing in Bush Fair
Politics / Wed 1st Jun 2016 at 01:26pm
A HARLOW MUM has thanked a local councillor and the Harlow community after her child stopped breathing in a busy shopping precinct.
The mother, who does not wish to be named, was in Bush Fair when the drama broke on Friday afternoon.
She said: “My child was in his pushchair when he went a grey/blue colour. I could see he was not breathing.
“I was so upset, I must have passed out.”
At this point, local councillor Dan Long cam etc the boy’s assistance and gave mouth to mouth. Another person also helped.
The ambulance service attended and took the young boy to hospital where he was treated for a tonsillitis-related condition.
The mother added: “I just wanted to thank the Harlow community for coming to our aid and helping.”
Cllr Dan Long added: “I’m just glad the little boy is alright. I am glad I was able to help and save the boys life.
I think I did what any person would do. I am glad I had the training.”
Get that man a Community award!