XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Fire in Glebelands caused by discarded cigarette

News / Tue 28th Mar 2017 at 05:19pm

Firefighters were called to a fire in a first floor flat in Glebelands, Harlow.

When crews arrived at the property they found the fire was on the balcony outside the front door of the first floor flat. Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire by 6:30pm.

The door sufferred extensive damage but luckily the fire was put out before it spread to the flat.

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental, due to a discarded cigarette which had not been extinguished properly.

Glebe 2

1800 hrs

WE have received a report of a fire in Glebelands, just near Howard Way.

More follows.

fire

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

2 Comments for Fire in Glebelands caused by discarded cigarette:

Jswills1976
2017-03-28 20:03:28

Feel so sorry for the family thankfully no one was inside, the fire was just the balcony but not inside the house , i stayed to offer comfort til they left what a lovely family , thankfully all ok

Jswills1976
2017-03-31 15:29:43

As noone ever heard of an accident before ive seen all the messages on fb and people make me sick the amount of people ive seen discarding ciggerettes and not putting them out im surprised theres not alot more fires

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *