XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Fire Service issue “cooking and drinking” warning after resident hurt in Gladwin Way fire

News / Fri 20th Oct 2017 at 10:42am

A Harlow resident has had a lucky escape thanks to their neighbour who spotted smoke in their home in Gladwin Way (old Sportscentre area) and called 999.

The neighbour told our Control operators that there was someone inside, so firefighters immediately entered the house and quickly found the occupant who had fallen asleep. Firefighters woken the occupant and led them outside to safety.

Fire crews then ventilated the property to clear the smoke.

Sub Officer Marc Lemon, Harlow Fire Station, said:

“We were told that someone was inside the property so we immediately ran into the house and found the occupant fast asleep. The smoke alarm was beeping, but the occupant was intoxicated with alcohol and did’nt hear it. We woke them up and led them outside to safety.

“Thankfully the neighbour spotted the smoke when they did and called us. The resident had a very lucky escape. The smoke wasnt too bad when we got there, but it would have got alot worse and possibly started a more serious fire.

“Incidents like this show how important it is to take extra care in the kitchen. More house fire start in the kitchen than any other room in the house. Our main message is to not cook if you have been drinking. It’s much safer to get a takeaway or have something already prepared.”

Gladwin Way

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Fire Service issue “cooking and drinking” warning after resident hurt in Gladwin Way fire:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *