XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Dogs rescued after fire in Pennymead

News / Sun 16th Jun 2019 am30 08:00am

TWO dogs have been rescued from a ground floor flat after they unwittingly started a fire.

Crews were called to Pennymead, Harlow, after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm sounding from a nearby flat.

On arrival firefighters forced their way into the property, as the homeowner was out at the time, and reported that the kitchen was smoke logged and there was a smouldering fire on the hob.

Crews then rescued two dogs from the kitchen and extinguished the fire by 5.35pm (June 14th).

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental, and started after the electric hob was turned on and set alight to papers which had been placed on top of it.

The flat has suffered some smoke damage.

Watch Manager Stefan Tanfield, Harlow Fire Station, said:

“Smoke alarms can warn us, and others around us, of the first sign of fire and should always be taken seriously.

“The occupant has their neighbour to thank for alerting us to the fire before it got out of control, meaning we were able to save the flat from fire damage and the lives of the dogs.

“Always keep your cooker and hob area clear and turn the whole appliance off when you’re not using it to ensure it doesn’t get accidently switched on.”

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Dogs rescued after fire in Pennymead:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *