Saturday 7th September – Essex Senior League Round-Up

Saturday 7th September

Emirates FA Cup 1st Qualifying Road

Hadley 3 Arlesey Town 2

Hadley carried the ESL flag into the 2nd Qualifying Round after a sensational 3-2 win over Arlesey Town. The visitors ply their trade in the but the hosts saw Shehzad Anwar, Solomon Ofori and Alfie Bartrum supply the goals that put them into Monday’s draw.


Takeley 0 Potters Bar Town 1

Takeley scored a late equailiser in midweek in their FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay against White Ensign and then scored again in extra time to set up this 1st Qualifying Round tie a few days later. This time around it was to be Takeley having to take a taste of late minute poison as Bradley Sack nothced the winning goal for the visitors in the 94th minute.


Premier Division

Cockfosters 2 Tower Hamlets 1

Suaibo Balde is becoming a prolific goalscorer and found the net again for Tower Hamlets; it wan’t enough to secure any points though as the hosts scored twice inside two first half minutes to secure the victory. Billy Healey opened the account in the 31st minute and two minutes later Ryan Wade popped up and riffled home from the penalty spot. The win sees Cockfosters up to 4th, while Tower Hamlets now sit in 13th spot.


Enfield 4 Sporting Bengal United 4

Enfield will have to be content with a point despite taking the lead twice against Sporting Bengal United who found a way back despite being two goals down at one point. Alfie Cleal handed the E’s an early lead when he struck in the 4th minute. Bobby Redwood levelled up in the 18th minute but Cleal fired the hosts back into the lead in the 26th minute and then Nan Asamoah put the E’s 3-1 up just after the half hour mark. But Redwood pulled one back in the 43rd minute and then completed his hat-trick two minutes later meaning it was 3-3 at the break. Enfield again took the lead when Komal Llewellyn-Reid notched in the 53rd minute but on the hour cometh the man as Curtley McIntosh levelled the game once more and with no further scoring the two teams shares the spoils after a goalfest of an encounter.


Ilford 3 Clapton 0

The Foxes had a decent day at the office as they handed the Tons a 3-0 defeat that saw Hugo Rosettil keep a clean sheet without having too much to do. At the other end goals from Nicholas Keyamo, Steve Sylvester and Clifford Newby-Harris secured Ilford the win that moves them up to 9th, while Clapton drop down to 18th.


Redbridge 2 Saffron Walden Town 3

Saffron Walden Town lead the pack after a 3-2 win at Redbridge. Gavin Cockman has previously turned out for the Motormen and he scored twice, the opener on 5 minutes which Taylor Tombides found an answer to ten minutes before the break. Jack Isherwood made it 2-1 six minutes into the second period and then the lead was extended when Cockman scored his second of the afternoon just past the hour mark. However Tombides cut into that lead when he pulled one back in the 83rd minute but the Bloods held on to secure the victory.


Sawbridgeworth Town 2 Hashtag United 3

Sawbridgeworth Town will be feeling that Lady Luck is simply not looking anywhere near Crofters End as they ended up pointless despite leading Hashtag 2-0 midway through the second half. The Robins were looking on their way to victory thanks to goals from Aaron Donaldson and Harry Bushell. Neil Richmond cut the deficit in the 71st minute but the visitors then made a complete hash of a penalty. However Richmond then levelled the game in the 86th minute before George Smith nothced the winner a minute before the end to complete an amazing turnaround which now sees Hashtag United 2nd while the Robins remain pointless at the foot of the table.


Stansted 1 St Margaretsbury 1

It was a point apiece at Hargrave Park as Stansted and St Margaretsbury saw out a 1-1 draw that saw the visitors handed a 47th minute lead via Wisley Balthazar but the Airportmen drew level in the 71st minute thanks to a Jack Mitchell goal.


West Essex 3 Woodford Town 2

It took Michael Mignot only two minutes to hand West Essex into the lead but the Woods equalised in the 10th minute via Samir Ali. The hosts then retook the lead in the 20th minute when Tom MacLeod hit the target, but the Woods were level ten minute before half-time courtesy of an own goal. However West Essex took the lead for the third time in the 75th minute as Mignot scored his second of the afternoon and this time around Woodford Town were unable to find a reply meaning that West Essex took all three points that moves them up to 9th.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Popularity: 1% [?]

You must be logged in to post a comment Login