Latton Green Primary highly praised by Ofsted
News / Fri 16th Jun 2023 at 07:50am
LATTON Green Primary Academy praised for “high expectations” and pupils’ “passion for learning” in glowing Ofsted report.
Pupils and staff at Latton Green Primary Academy are thrilled that the school has again been rated as Good’ by Ofsted – with inspectors praising its “high expectations” and pupils’ “passion for learning”.
The report paints a hugely positive picture of life at the school, part of the successful NET Academies Trust and confirms Latton Green Primary’s strong improvement since 2015 when it was graded Inadequate by Ofsted. It was just after that report that NET was asked by the Government to take over the school and drive it forward.
Today’s Ofsted report commends leaders at Latton Green Primary for ensuring there are high standards for every single pupil, and also highlights how ambitious trustees and governors are for the school.
Other highlights from the report include that:
· Pupils at Latton Green Primary Academy are “highly enthusiastic” about their school and “enjoy learning”.
· Pupils appreciate “how much staff care for them,” and value that their teachers are determined for them to succeed. Pupils like how “staff listen to their views.”
· Pupils enjoy “clubs, visits and trips, such as to the Roald Dahl Museum” which are excellent opportunities to engage with their learning in new and exciting ways.
· The school places a high value on the core subjects, the “curriculum is carefully planned to develop pupils’ English and mathematics”, which is reflected in pupils’ love of reading.
· Pupils’ ability to “speak knowledgeably and confidently about their learning” was praised as a reflection of solid learning foundations that are critical for their development and success.
· The schools’ values of togetherness and caring are reflected by teachers ensuring “that pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) can successfully access the curriculum”.
Emily Allen, Head of School at Latton Green Primary Academy, said:
“I want to say a huge congratulations and thank you to all our dedicated staff for their continued hard work, to our wonderfully supportive parents and of course to our brilliant pupils – everyone has played their part in this fantastic achievement. I am particularly pleased that the school’s high ambitions for every pupil is commended in the report.
“At Latton Green Primary Academy we are always looking ahead and thinking about how we can improve our school. We have an excellent foundation on which to build on to provide the very best education for all our pupils.”
Jo Coton, the Chief Executive Officer of NET Academies Trust, said:
“Everyone at NET Academies Trust is thrilled that the excellent work that happens every day Latton Green Primary Academy has been recognised in the Ofsted report. I would like to place on the record my thanks to everyone involved, including Laura Ciftci, who was the acting head last term and played a key role in leading the inspection.
“The school has made huge strides since it joined NET Academies Trust – it’s a really fantastic school that provides a wonderful education to its pupils, and I have every confidence that Emily Allen and the team will maintain the high standards going forward.”
The Ofsted report can be read in full on the school website here https://www.lattongreen.netacademies.net/Ofsted/.
For more information about Latton Green Primary Academy, please visit their website.
For more information about NET Academies Trust, please visit their website.