XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Incident declared at block of flats in Harlow after report of carbon monoxide leak

News / Sat 30th Dec 2023 at 07:53pm

Statement from Harlow Council


Councillor Dan Swords, Leader of the Council, said: 

“This evening council staff have been working closely with the fire service and Cadent to resolve an incident at Edmunds Tower following concerns raised by a resident who could smell smoke. Our officers have acted swiftly working with the fire service and Cadent to make sure the building is safe and this evening residents have been able to return to their homes. Council officers were also on standby ready to setup a rest centre for residents, but this was not required in the end. 

“Three families were advised to attend the Princess Alexandra Hospital as a precaution. Thankfully, everyone is ok and I would like to thank the fire service, council staff and Cadent for their response in dealing with this situation. I would also like to thank residents for their assistance and patience and the local community for their kind offers of support – particularly Mr Coster at Hare Street School. Our housing officers will be carrying out further visits to the tower in the coming days and speaking individually to residents.” 

Statement from Essex Fire Service

We have been working with partner agencies, including Harlow District Council and Cadent, to resolve an incident at Edmunds Tower in Haydens Road, Harlow.

We were called at 4.18pm by a concerned resident and we have been working to make sure the building is safe.

We were able to hand over the building to the local authority shortly before 9pm.

Group Manager Marc Diggory said: “I’d like to thank the community for its assistance and patience.”

A BLOCK of flats in Harlow has been evacuated and all the residents decanted after a reported carbon monoxide leak.

The fire service has been in attendance at Edmunds Tower, opposite the Harvey Centre car park, since just after 6pm (approx).

YH understands that occupants have been taken to hospital although this may be a precautionary/procedural measure.

Harlow Council and other agencies are dealing with the situation.

YH has asked for more information.

More follows as we get it.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

3 Comments for Incident declared at block of flats in Harlow after report of carbon monoxide leak:

Sharon Watts
2023-12-30 22:50:52

Oh god! Was near Harvey Centre and thoguht i heard something weird… Hope everyone’s alright.

James Gamble
2023-12-31 11:55:20

People's lives at risk and we see some comment on here that border on pure nastiness. You should be ashamed of your selves. Editor please vet these comments prior to release.

petr
2024-01-01 21:54:18

Last comment removed. Reworded- " Who Fluffed ?" Acceptable comment?

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *