Football: Late show wins it for Harlow

Football / Fri 26th Dec 2014 at 04:04pm

Ryman Div One North

Harlow Town 3 v 2 Ware

AT THE end of the season, this 3-2 victory for Harlow against Ware could be, in many ways, very significant.

Harlow never looked comfortable and fluent but they never gave up. They looked like a tense team and played like a tense team but fair play, they kept going through and deserved the victory in the end.

Harlow had the best of the early exchanges with both David Cowley and Alex Read going close. They did not look like a team short on confidence despite a dip in form in December.

Shane Stamp was seeing plenty of the ball on the left flank but nothing was really coming from his crosses.

Ware’s strength lay in the surging runs of their burly forwards. Ware earned a free kick in the 11th minute when Kieran Bishop was needlessly bundled over on the edge of the box. The free kick went out left and it was Bishop who latched onto the cross, which keeper Ed Thompson seem to fluff into the net.

With another couple of attacks it became clear why Harlow had seen a dip in form. The defence looked low on confidence and seem to be giving men too much space. It also appeared that they did not have a midfielder sitting deep.

Harlow had a great call for a penalty in the 17th minute when Billy Jones broke into the area and was impeded by the elbow of Ware defender Jack Fowler. The referee ignored Harlow’s pleas.

Bishop should have scored a second when he eluded Joshua Urquhart but his shot went straight at the keeper.

Harlow were not bereft of ideas, they were not lacking in effort but they just lacked a cutting edge.

However, they managed to equalise in the 36th minute when a scuffed shot from the hard working Shane Stamp managed to evade the Ware keeper.

Suddenly, Ware looked all at sea as Harlow’s tails were up and sure enough in the 38th minute, Alex Read also sneaked a ball in at the near post from close range.

Ware attacked on the stroke of half time and although they didn’t score, they again exploited Harlow’s defensive frailties.

The second half was a fairly even affair. Both teams could not make chances and were cancelling each other out. Ware had a very entertaining expansive game but did not really penetrate. The same could have been said of Harlow Town.

It was no surprise when Ware equalised in the 70th minute through Murat Kurugal in the 70th minute.

The game then turned with Ware’s Alaa Oudji and Harlow’s David Cowley were sent off for an off the ball incident.

The game then became end to end as both sides felt that they needed the three points.

The three points came for the Hawks when defender Joshua Urquhart rose above the rest to head home in injury time. Harlow were ecstatic and you could see as they celebrated what it meant to the team.

But also fair play to Ware. A strong and well organised team, they are very exciting to watch. It would be great to see them in the play-off mix.

Harlow Town: Ed Thompson, Ben Glasgow, Layne Eadie, Joshua Urquhart, Sam Holloway, Fabion Simms, Robbie Martin, David Cowley, Alex Read, Billy Jones, Shane Stamp

Subs not used: Junior Appiah, Jared Small, Kane Fullen, Danny Norton, Dylan Wicker

Ware: Rhys Madden, Khale Da Costa, Alaa Oudji, Jack Fowler, Artus Reinis, Samir Bihoutine, Finbarr Robins
Albert Adu, Kieran Bishop, Murat Karagul, Rheo Josephs,

Subs not used: Dan Odamo, Charlie Yexley, Charlie Ledula, Ryan Wade, Ayodeji Olukoga

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Football: Late show wins it for Harlow:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *