THE ARTISTIC director of the Harlow Playhouse has given further details on how people can claim for refunds for shows they had booked that have now been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Rory Davies said:
In light of the announcement made by the Prime Minister on 16/03/2020, it is with a heavy heart, I announce that the Council has taken the decision to temporarily close Harlow Playhouse.
The team at Harlow Playhouse have the task of contacting all our valued customers who are affected by this closure to discuss your booking. This is a huge undertaking and we ask that customers bear with us whilst we conduct this.
Currently, all shows until Friday 3rd April 2020 will be cancelled. In the first instance our hosts will be contacting all customers to discuss your options;
1) A Full Refund
2) Donate to the Artist their share of the ticket price.
3) Credit Note on your account to visit Harlow Playhouse in the future.
If we are unable to contact you, and;
– you have paid by card for your booking over the phone or online in the past six months, we will automatically refund you.
– you have paid by card online or over the phone over six month ago, we will keep trying to contact you to issue a refund over the phone as this has to be processed manually by one of our hosts.
– you have paid by card in person, we will keep trying to contact you to issue a refund over the phone as this has to be processed manually by one of our hosts.
– you have paid by cash, we will keep it safe until we reopen when you can collect from our Box Office.
– you have paid via theatre tokens, we will reload your Theatre Token card with the appropriate balance.
During this time Harlow Playhouse will be sticking to its values, will remain resilient and manage this ongoing situation in a professional manner. Please spare a thought to those artists affected by venue closures across the country and, where possible, support your local theatre and make use of donation platforms.
I will keep customers, providing partners and hirers updated on a continuing basis. Best Wishes,
Artistic and Executive Director Harlow Playhouse
Popularity: 1% [?]