Family left homeless after fire in Harlow

A FAMILY has been left homeless after a laptop charger caught fire and destroyed their home.

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Harlow this afternoon.

On arrival, crews reported that there was a fire in the bedroom of a house and worked to extinguish it by 4:19pm.

The fire was caused after a laptop charging on a bed caught fire. Upon seeing the fire, the residents immediately left the house and called the Fire Service.

The house has been destroyed and the family has been rendered homeless.

Watch Manager Steve Harrison from Harlow Fire Station said: “The residents did absolutely the right thing by getting out, staying out and calling the Fire Service out.

“Please be careful when charging things like laptops and phones, they can quickly overheat. Make sure to charge them on a flat surface like a table and not on a surface that can catch fire easily like bedding.

“We need you to help us keep you safe, the risk of fire goes up when people are at home more and we’re asking residents to consider home fire safety. Read our home fire safety advice here.“

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Popularity: 6% [?]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.