Templefields House: E-scooter fire renders man homeless

General / Fri 19th Aug 2022 at 06:55am

FIRE CREWS worked quickly to stop a fire from spreading in Harlow during the early hours of this morning. 

Crews were called to Templefields House, River Way at just after midnight, to reports of one first floor flat on fire and smoke in the two-storey building

Initially two crews from Harlow, one from Old Harlow plus two from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service – Sawbridgeworth and Bishop Stortford – attended.

Many of the residents had left the building and crews helped others to evacuate. Firefighters used fans to ventilate the building and clear the smoke.

The incident was soon scaled down to three appliances with the fire out and smoke removed by 2am.

Unfortunately one person has been made homeless, however no one was injured or suffered effects from the smoke. Essex Police, ambulance and local authority colleagues were at the scene to support residents who had to remain outside of their homes whilst firefighters dealt with the incident.

Station Manager Jon Ford said: “We’d like to thank residents for their patience tonight. They did have to wait outside so we are grateful to police, ambulance and the council for supporting them so we could deal with the incident quickly. 

“Our crews worked really hard alongside colleagues from Hertfordshire who supported us. A special thank you must go to them as well as a mention of the great work of our control team, who professionally and quickly co-ordinated the response.”

The cause of the fire is accidental and crews from Harlow will return to the flats over the next few days to offer home safety advice and reassurance, particularly around the safe charging of electrical items such as E-scooters.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Templefields House: E-scooter fire renders man homeless:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *