Nine ill after chemical leak at Nazeing units
Communities / Tue 16th Dec 2014 pm31 04:04pm
FIRE CREWS were called to a vegetable storage unit in a nursery following a leak of chemicals from a refrigeration unit. Nine people – four woman and five men – suffered ill effects following the leak and have been left in the care of the Ambulance Service.
Tests carried out by the Service’s DIM (Detection, Identification and Monitoring) team has revealed that there is a high level of carbon monoxide in the 20 metre by 20 metre storage room. Firefighters are ventilating the building.
Update 13:30hrs: Crews are currently testing the storage room to find out exactly which gases are present.
Update 14:02hrs: Crews have completed their work at the scene. the test revealed a high concentration of carbon monoxide in the storage room. Crews have ventillated the room and it is now safe.