XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Chip pan fire in Bentham House, Hamstel Road in Harlow

News / Thu 12th Mar 2015 am31 09:58am

FIRE CREWS tackled a chip pan fire in flat in Bentham House in Hamstel Road in Harlow. On arrival the incident commander reported that the property was heavily smoke logged .

Using one hose reel and one dry powder extinguisher crews had extinguished the fire by 21:48hrs.

A fire spokesperson said: “Incidents like this show how easily potentially devastating fires can break out in the kitchen:

“To make sure you stay as safe as possible in the kitchen:

Avoid leaving cooking unattended and never leave children in the kitchen alone.
Take care if you’re wearing loose clothing – they can easily catch fire.
Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob.
Check toasters are clean and placed away from curtains and kitchen rolls.
Keep the oven, hob and grill clean and in good working order. A build up of fat and grease can ignite a fire.

“Take care when cooking with hot oil – it sets alight easily. If the oil starts to smoke – it’s too hot.
“Turn off the heat and leave it to cool. Ideally cook oven chips but if you are deep fat frying then use a thermostat controlled electric deep fat fryer – they can’t overheat.

“Never try to cook after a night out drinking. It is far better to grab a kebab on the way home than to attempt to cook while intoxicated”.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Chip pan fire in Bentham House, Hamstel Road in Harlow:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *