Katherines Primary praised by Ofsted in glowing report
Education / Fri 7th Jan 2022 am31 11:27am
— Inspectors say “pupils love coming to Katherines Primary Academy” —
“Pupils love coming to Katherines Primary Academy”, Ofsted said today in a glowing inspection report.
THE academy and nursery in Harlow, part of the high-performing NET Academies Trust, was praised across the board by Ofsted, which said that overall it is a Good school in all areas.
The report highlights how the school makes “everybody feel special”, provides a “good quality of education” and that pupils “enjoy their learning”. Inspectors also said that Katherines sets high expectations that the pupils understand rise to in both learning and behaviour. Parents were also “overwhelmingly” positive in their remarks to Ofsted, saying that they feel “nothing is too much trouble for the staff”.
Other strong areas that were identified include:
· Inspectors were impressed with the pupils’ aspiration and enjoyment of their learning. They highlighted how pupils are confident in sharing new knowledge they have learned and how they often express a keen interest in developing their understanding of core subjects such as maths and history.
· Assessors highlighted the school’s strong focus on creating wider development opportunities as a particular strength. Inspectors noted how staff intentionally provide opportunities to enhance pupils’ cultural experiences, including visits to museums and theatres.
· Ofsted also noted the school’s efforts in supporting pupils to develop a love of reading. Inspectors found that pupils throughout the school are reading a wide range of high-quality books which supports them in developing their vocabulary.
· Meanwhile, inspectors said that behaviour and attitudes of pupils are a strength of the school. Leaders and staff ensure that pupils feel part of the school community and are polite and respectful to adults and each other.
· Ofsted praised the ambitious curriculum designed by leaders, saying teachers ensure that pupils revisit knowledge over time in order to deepen and embed their learning.
· Children settle well when they first join school in the Nursery, helping ensure they are ready to learn.
The report is a testament to the hard work of pupils, staff, and the wider community in creating a high achieving and welcoming school. This is further demonstrated by Parents overwhelmingly positive experience with the school and their repeated praise of staff’s dedication to providing unwavering support to the whole community.
Looking forward, leadership at the school intends to continue building upon the strong foundations in place and continuing to provide pupils with the crucial skills and love of learning that enables them to thrive.
Annette Norris, Headteacher of Katherines Primary Academy, said:
“I am so proud of everyone at our school for the hard work and determination that they have put into achieving this result. It is a real team effort – our brilliant staff, our supportive parents and of course our wonderful pupils have all played their part. The boundless enthusiasm and endless support from every one of our pupils, staff and parents is what makes our school so special.
“At Katherines, we are committed to providing our pupils with the very best education possible. Today’s report shows we are doing an excellent job but we know we have to continue working hard every day so that our school stays this good – and becomes even better.”
Jo Coton, Chief Executive Office of NET Academies Trust, said:
“This is such a fantastic Ofsted report and I am delighted that the inspectors have recognised Katherines as such a wonderful school. The team has created a caring and inclusive school, where pupils are able to flourish in every aspect of school life, and where they enjoy every day. The team have worked incredibly hard to build a very special school and they fully deserve their success.”
The full report can be read here: