Football: Harlow Town crush the Motormen

Football / Mon 24th Nov 2014 at 11:53am

Ryman Div One North

Harlow Town 4 v 0 Redbridge

HARLOW Town put on a superb performance against Redbridge on Saturday. Goals from Smith, Stamp, Jones and a Read penalty gave hawks the points.

The Hawks were on the offensive straight from the kick off and with just a minute on the clock, David Cowley sent over a free-kick from the left, top marksman Alex Read got his head to the ball but Redbridge Goalkeeper Mark Parker was equal to it pushing round the post. On 4 minutes Josh Urquhart played a delightful ball down the left channel to find Read, he took the ball on and struck his shot just wide of the back post.

Danny Chapman’s men got the breakthrough after 12 minutes with a superb move that would of graced match of the day on a Saturday night, Robbie Martin picked the ball up in his own half and ran at the heart of the Redbridge defence, he skipped passed two challenges and feed the ball to Read in the penalty box, in turn Read squared the ball to captain James Smith who placed the ball under the advancing Parker to give the Hawks the lead.

Redbridge could not get out of their own half with Harlow dominating possession and chances, on 14 minutes Shane Stamp hit a shot that was tipped round the post by Parker, and four minutes later Jared Small headed against the crossbar from a Shane Stamp cross.

Smith the fired just over the bar and Fabion Simms had a free header from 12 yards only to direct it straight into Parkers hands.

The Hawks pressure finally was to much for the Redbridge defence when Read slipped a through ball to Stamp who raced clear of the defence, and as Parker came racing out Stamp knocked the ball passed him only to be taken out for a stone wall penalty. Referee Mr Stobbart then booked Parker for the challenge. Striker Alex Read placed the ball on the Penalty Spot and stroked the ball home on 26 minutes to make the score 2-0.

On 35minutes Jared Small had a goal ruled out for offside, great work by the impressive Read saw him take the ball round the Redbridge keeper and shoot goal wards, Small then bundled the ball over the line, only to see the assistant raise his flag. Redbridge then had their first shot of the match on 45 minutes when ex Harlow forward Chinedu McKenzie shot well wide.

Harlow came out for the second half knowing that last week The Motormen were 3-0 down at half-time at Cheshunt and turned it around to achieve a 5-3 win. But once again The Hawks were on the ascendency and on 52 minutes David Cowley had a free kick tipped round the post by Parker. On 55 minutes Redbridge hastheir first shot on target when Bradley Hooper shot straight at Ed Thompson.

Hawks manager Danny Chapman then made a couple of substitutions, he brought Junior Appiah on for Jared Small and Luke Cuthbert came on for Captain James Smith, and on 69 minutes Cuthbert played a pin point ball to send Stamp clear on goal, this time he managed to slip the ball under the keeper and into the net before being clattered into by Parker.

Substitute Billy Jones on for Read, got his name on the score sheet on 90 minutes after another great move between Josh Urquhart and David Cowley, who slipped the ball to Jones to finish well, and as the ball went in, I think the biggest cheer of the afternoon went up to celebrate some great football from the Hawks.

With Needham Market dropping two points after leading 2-0 at Great Wakering Rovers it turned out to be a great day for Harlow Town, and in front of a crowd of 261. Chapman’s men are back in league action next Saturday when the travel to Shipp lane to face Romford.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Football: Harlow Town crush the Motormen:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *