Football: Harlow do the double on Kingstonian

Football / Sun 23rd Oct 2016 pm31 04:11pm

Ryman Premier

Kingstonian 0 v 1 Harlow Town

Report courtesy of Ian Barham at http://www.harlowtownfootballclub.co.uk

The two teams were evenly matched for the majority of the game, with both goalkeepers performing well to keep the score line down.

Jared Small converted a close range effort to take the lead, and despite a nervy final ten minutes, the Hawks held on for a vital win.

Harlow started the brighter of the two sides. Layne Eadie’s deep cross found Alex Read, who’s shot from a tight angle was tipped onto the post.

Mario Noto then had a long-distance shot that was headed out of danger by Sam Page.

It was then Kingstonian’s turn to hit the woodwork. A corner was headed off the bar by Page, dropping onto the goal line to be cleared out of danger by the Hawks defence.

Harlow nearly broke the deadlock with half an hour played. Layne Eadie’s free kick cannoned off the wall and looped towards the back post. Jared Small headed goalwards from just a yard out, but a superb reaction save from Kingstonian stopper Rob Tolfrey somehow kept the ball out.

David Hughes was also on form, diving low to his right to keep out a free kick from Joe Tuner.

Jared Small forced another great save when he cut inside from the left, but once again the goalkeeper was equal to the effort with a diving save.

Pelayo Pico Gomez tried his luck from outside the effort for the hosts. David Hughes parried the initial effort, before a well-timed block from Ibrahima Sonko kept out the follow-up to keep the scores level at half time.

HT: Kingstonian 0-0 Harlow Town

The second half continued with both sides enjoying spells of possession. Ryan Moss sent a header just wide for the hosts, missing a. Great opportunity to put his side ahead.

Khale da Costa, straight into the Harlow side after arriving from Hendon, then set up another good chance. He ran onto a good through-ball from Craig Pope, before cutting back for Mario Noto inside the area. The midfielder could only drag the effort wide of the post.

Harlow made the breakthrough on 64 minutes. Khale da Costa put a cross into the box, which was intercepted by left-back George Wells. His miss-hit clearance sliced to Alex Read, who turned the defender before fizzing the ball across the goal. Jared Small attacked the ball at the back post, tapping in to take the lead for the visitors.

Harlow continued to apply pressure. Alex Read chested down to Leon Antoine, whose half volley went over the bar.

As the game entered the last ten minutes, the hosts surged forward for an equaliser. A series of corners for the hosts put pressure on the Harlow defence, and twice there were goalmouth scrambles that were desperately hacked clear.

In the final minutes, a Kingstonian free kick reached Sam Page, but his free header went wide to the relief of the travelling fans.

Harlow had ridden their luck in the final stages, but they saw outseveral minutes of injury time to claim a vital away win.

FT: Kingstonian 0-1 Harlow Town

The result moves Harlow to 9th place in the league table, with 20 points from 16 games.

Next up, the Hawks host Harrow Borough on Tuesday 25th October. It’s a 7:45pm kick off.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Football: Harlow do the double on Kingstonian:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *