XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Woman rescued after fire in Upper Mealines

News / Thu 25th May 2017 at 08:15am

ESSEX Firefighters were called to a fire in a bungalow in the early hours of this morning.

When crews arrived at the property they saw smoke coming from the kitchen. Neighbours told the firefighters there might be someone inside, so the crew immediately broke down the door and entered the property where they found a woman. Firefighters brought her outside and quickly extinguished the small fire using a dry powder extinguisher.

The woman sufferred slight smoke inhalation and was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

The fire started on the cooker which had been accidentally left on which caught light to some papers. As the kitchen door had been closed, the smoke had not spread to the rest of the property. The kitchen only suffered minor damage.

Incidents like this show how important it is to have a working smoke alarm.

We want every home in Essex to have the excellent protection of working smoke alarms. Call us to book a home safety visit – we will provide and fit smoke alarms completely FREE of charge.

Call: 0300 303 0088 or book online: www.essex-fire.gov.uk/book

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Woman rescued after fire in Upper Mealines:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *