Oakwood Pond: What a difference a year makes.
Lifestyle / Sat 6th Oct 2018 pm31 03:05pm
Oakwood Pond: What a difference a year makes…
ONE year ago, work began at Oakwood Pond to refurbish the historic site.
Over the past 12 months, Harlow Council officers and a fantastic team of volunteers have put in a lot of work to return this beauty spot to its former glory.
Harlow Youth Council also got involved, planting 450 new trees around the pond earlier this year.
The works included:
• Removing trees and vegetation to re-instate part of the original pond for local flooding prevention.
• Re-introducing the water supply to the pond through the reconnection of spring water.
• Introducing new aquatic planting schemes.
• Creating a diverse array of habitats including water, vegetation and wooded areas to restore into parkland.
• Improving access for the local community to and through the site from Upper Park through to Harlow Town Centre and the Princess Alexandra Hospital.
• Building fishing platforms that are suitable for access for all.
• Creating disabled access points around the site and a new 360m path around the pond.
• Constructing a 20m boardwalk across a section of the pond.
We are so proud of this hidden treasure and of all the work that everyone has put into it. Just take a look at the difference!
Just need the fish putting back in now...
I would like to fish Oakwood pond tomorrow am I ok to visit and fish
2 Comments for Oakwood Pond: What a difference a year makes.: