Essex Senior League Round-Up

Football / Sun 2nd Dec 2018 at 08:40pm













(Photo by Andy Wilkins / Report by Peter Dudley)


Friday 30th November

Tower Hamlets 5 Clapton 0

Wale Odedoyin netted a brace as Hamlets bounced back from two straight defeats to thrash The Tons at Mile End.  Player-Manager AJ Ashnike netted the opening goal after just nine minutes before Montel Williams doubled their lead just two minutes later.  Odedoyin made it three just past the half hour mark before Luke With added a fourth ten minutes into the second period.  And Odedoyin completed a terrific evening for the hosts., netting the fifth with four minutes remaining, meaning Hamlets climb a place to fourth bottom whilst Clapton slip to 14th after this awful evening at Mile End.


Saturday 1st December

Hoddesdon Town 2 Walthamstow 2

Walthamstow battled back from two goals down to earn a point at Lowfield against Hoddesdon Town, Kane Lowe netted a screamer to give the hosts the lead in first half stoppage time, and when a free-kick was headed back across goal and tapped in by Joss Lillis just past the hour mark, the hosts looked likely to go on and take the points.  Flynn was then sent-off meaning the visitors were down to ten men however they kept fighting and with fifteen minutes remaining Dwade James headed one back and then barely a minute later Elias Siligato was slipped through and he rounded the keeper before slotting home to bring the scores level.  Hoddesdon saw a red card late on too meaning it ended ten a side, and it also ended all square too.


Leyton Athletic 0 Woodford Town 1

Taku Mashingaidze netted six minutes from time to give Woodford another away win this season, and see them remain fifth and now just eight points off leaders Stansted with a game in hand.  For Leyton it’s another late loss and it leaves them second bottom still.


Sawbridgeworth Town 4 West Essex 2

Ethan Barton netted a brace as The Robins netted a fine win over West Essex at Crofters, Daryl Doolan netted a cross from Danny Palmer to give the hosts a tenth minute lead before they doubled their lead twelve minutes before half time when Jack Cousins turned and shot home.  West though pulled one back two minutes into the second period when the hosts switched off, allowing Samraj Gill to capitalise,  but the hosts restored their two goal lead three minutes later when after Cousins had seen a header come back off the post, Barton was on hand to tap home the loose ball.  And midway through the half good unselfish play from Joe Wright saw Barton in for his second and Sawbo’s fourth,  before the visitors then saw Wazola red carded for a second yellow.  Symeon Taylor did net a second for West two minutes from time but it was the Robins who took the spoils.


Stansted 2 Ilford 1

The Airportmen are back on top of the ESL Premier after getting back to winning ways against Ilford at Hargrave Park.  The hosts took the lead two minutes into the second period when Jordan Palmer rifled home Callum Ibe’s pass and then doubled that lead three minutes later when Jack West blasted home from the spot after a handball inside the box.  The Foxes then pulled one back in the 64th minute when Seye Okunola lashed home, but Stansted held out for the win and took the points.


Takeley 2 Stanway Rovers 0

A brace from Josh Sykes saw Takeley continue their fine run of form by defeating Stanway Rovers at Station Road.  Sykes netted the opener after twelve minutes and then doubled the hosts lead five minutes into the second period to see them take the spoils and climb into third spot now, just three points off the leaders.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Essex Senior League Round-Up:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *