XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Six flats evacuated after stair fills with smoke

News / Thu 3rd Sep 2020 am30 09:41am

SIX flats were evacuated in Barn Mead as a precaution this morning after smoke built up in the communal area of a residential premises.

After one of the residents noticed the smoke, he immediately dialled 999. Crews made sure on arrival that everyone was safely out of the building.

Firefighters ensured that the smoke did not spread further than the communal area and that the scene was safe, before leaving the property in the care of the local authority by 7.47am.

We believe this fire was caused by an electrical fault within the fuse box of the building.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Six flats evacuated after stair fills with smoke:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *