XII I II III IIII V VI VII VIII IX X XI

Fire service issues advice after air fryer catches alight in Harlow

News / Mon 1st Jul 2024 at 07:21am

FIRE Crews were called on Saturday night, to a first floor flat after reports of a fire in the kitchen in Hodings Road in Harlow.

On arrival firefighters reported an air fryer had caught alight and there was a small fire in the kitchen.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and ventilated the room.

Watch Manager Jon Allen, Harlow Fire Station, said:

“When the resident realised the air fryer had caught alight he did the right thing by unplugging it and then getting out, staying out and calling 999.

“My advice to anyone using any small kitchen appliance would be not to use them under cupboards, where they might overheat or a fire might spread. Don’t place them on a hob either. If a fire does break out and it’s safe to do so, follow the actions of this residents and unplug it, get our of your property and call 999.

“As always, out number one piece of advice would be to make sure you have working smoke alarms and test them regularly. They’ll let you know at the first sign of fire so you can take action.”

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments for Fire service issues advice after air fryer catches alight in Harlow:

Leave a Comment Below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *