Church Langley primary praised by Ofsted
Education: Secondary / Wed 1st Oct 2014 am31 08:43am
The school received a “Good” report but many believe that the school is very close to “Outstanding”.
The report states:
1. As the school has grown in size, leaders have sustained good teaching so that achievement continues to improve. Overall standards at the end of Key Stage 2 are above average and rising.
2. Pupils make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics. Gaps in achievement are closing for disadvantaged pupils, particularly in Key Stage 2.
3. Pupils behave well. They are very positive about learning and proud of their school’s achievements. They are kept safe and are looked after well.
4. Pupils enjoy coming to school. This is reflected in their high attendance. Pupils and parents agree that this is a warm and welcoming school.
5. A strong emphasis on sport and a shared set of values contribute strongly to the pupils’ good spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
6. Leaders, including governors, have an accurate understanding of the school’s strengths and limitations.
7. Most children make good progress in the Early Years Foundation Stage thanks to a stimulating environment with creative use of resources, together with effective teaching.